Employer Information Sessions
Hosting an information session can be a highly effective component in your overall presence-building strategy. Information Sessions are open to all students, regardless of major or year in school and Career Services staff advises students to attend these sessions for both career exploration and job/internship seeking.
Tips for a Successful Information Session:
- Set a goal to raise awareness of organization and build relationships with students. Focus on quality more so than quantity. A few weeks prior to your scheduled event provide Career Services with a promotional flyer which highlights your upcoming visit to campus.
- Introduce the organization, its opportunities, and why it is a relevant choice for OSU students.
- Bring an OSU student or an alumnus who knows your organization and can share a student or new hire perspective. If a student or alum is not available, bring other recent college grads.
- Be prepared to discuss a variety of career paths within the organization. Not only does OSU have national recognized programs in Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Forestry, Pharmacy, and a variety of other areas, but we have many talented students in majors that emphasize creative thinking, writing, world cultures, the arts, sciences, diversity, literature, and global awareness. Students have told us that they want to learn more about ALL of your organization’s opportunities!
- Hold the Information Session before and/or after the Career Fair, especially if it’s your first time visiting campus. The Career Fair “kicks off” the recruitment season, and for lesser-known employers, this timing helps raise awareness.
Requesting an Information Session:
- Request an Information Session through Beaver JobNet. Under "quick links" choose [Request New Information Session].
- Reserve a room, including cost.
For further assistance, contact Career Services and the Employer Relations Team at 541-737-0523 or by email.