- Boeing -Site specifically for internships positions as well as positions for recent college graduates
- C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc. - Listings of internships and full-time openings with a fortune 500 company
- Department of Citywide Administrative Services-New York - The Department of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS) administers internship programs to introduce college students and recent graduates to public service. Through the Urban Fellows Program, the Government Scholars Program, and the Public Service Corps, college students/recent graduates receive valuable work experience in exchange for academic credit or stipends, depending on the program
- Direct Marketing Educational Foundation - Business internships (do a search on "FIELD" - Student/Interns")
- Disney College Program - A program that provides an opportunity to learn more about the hospitality industry but also gives students transferable skills to use in any industry.
- Institute on Philanthropy and Voluntary Service (IPVS) - includes a guaranteed internship placement, courses for transferable credit, furnished housing, a variety of guest lectures and briefings, as well as opportunities for professional development and networking. We truly provide the ultimate summer experience in Washington.
- Microsoft - At Microsoft, interns are just like full-time employees. You have enormous responsibility, project ownership, and impact. The only difference between you and a full-time employee is that you're here for a few months instead of years. We're looking for intern Program Managers, Software Design Engineers, Software Design Engineers in Test, and Software Test Engineers.
- Northwestern Mutual Financial Network - Internship opportunity in a company that provides expert guidance on insurance, investment product and services, retirement and estate planning, education funding and employee benefits
- NOW's (National Organization for Women) Internship Program - Prospective interns should be hard working, enthusiastic and flexible individuals who possess or seek a working knowledge of women's issues and feminist organizing. Interns should also be committed to continuing to struggle for equality and justice once they leave the internship program and return to their campuses and communities
- National Cancer Institute - Graduate internship opportunities
- Prince William Sound Aquacuture Corporation - Seasonal positions available in four remote salmon hatcheries
- Price Waterhouse Coopers (PWC) - For internships in tax and audit this is a great link to get started.
- Project Vote Smart - The PVS National Internship is a unique lesson in the study of American politics. Students from across the nation, as well as international students seeking to learn more about the American political system, come to Philipsburg, Montana to help American citizens educate themselves about elected officials and candidates.
- Pathways to Science - supports pathways to the STEM fields: science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. We place particular emphasis on connecting underrepresented groups with STEM programs, funding, mentoring and resources.
- Smithsonian - The Smithsonian Institution, the world's largest museum complex, is always looking for the brightest and most talented people to help us produce our world-class programs, exhibits, and research. Smithsonian interns have opportunities to make an impact, develop personally and professionally, and learn from people who are experts in their fields.
- usajobs.gov - search for internships with the government... use the keywords “Internship Program” because any agency that advertises a position in this program will have to use these words
- US State Department Internships - for students interested in foreign affairs
- US Department of Personnel Management - for student internships and fellowships
- Wall Street Journal Internship- Provides internships at the Wall Street Journal
- Wal-Mart - At Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., you'll not only gain valuable retailing knowledge, work in a challenging, one-of-a-kind environment and have the chance to work for the world's largest retailer; you'll also earn a salary and receive benefits
- Washington Center- For Internships and Academic Seminars
- Washington Internships for Students of Engineering (WISE) - Each year, 14-16 outstanding engineering students are selected to spend ten weeks in a special summer program in Washington, D.C. to learn how government officials make decisions on complex technological issues and how engineers can contribute to legislative and regulatory public policy decisions. The WISE Program is ranked one of the 100 best Internship opportunities in the U.S. by the Princeton Review.
- Weyerhauser - Applications are accepted year around. Contact the person in your area of interest to receive more information
- Whitehouse Internship Program - provides a unique opportunity to gain valuable professional experience and build leadership skills. This hands-on program is designed to mentor and cultivate today’s young leaders, strengthen their understanding of the Executive Office and prepare them for future public service opportunities.
- Yellowstone Bear World - For a variety of internship opportunities in Idaho.
- California Internships - Find internships at non-profits and private companies in California.
Opportunities to Get Involved & Gain Experience
Published: May 29th, 2013
Published: Nov 19th, 2012