- About the SSI
- Student Sustainabilty Center
- Our Work
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
The Events Intern will be responsible for assisting with the promotion of the Student Sustainability Initiative (SSI) through the successful completion of events. He or she will work with the Events Coordinator, SSI staff, volunteers, OSU faculty and staff, and Corvallis community members to make sure these projects are successful.
- Assist with the promotion of the SSI and its activities
- Provide initial consultation to those seeking SSI involvement in events.
- Assist the Events Coordinator in helping SSI staff, interns, and volunteers plan, publicize, and execute events.
- Meet regularly with the SSI Events Coordinator to plan activities and brainstorm ways to improve the mechanisms and resources facilitating those activities.
- Work at least 1-5 hours/week for the duration of the internship. (Additional hours may be negotiated.)
- Some understanding of, and interest in, sustainability.
- Either strong outreach experience, or strong event planning experience.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Experience in event planning at OSU.
- Awareness of campus and community sustainability groups.
- Interest in contributing to improving both the activities and mechanisms of the SSI.
Open to Applications
Employment Dates and Hours:
This position will work at least 1-5 hours/week for the duration of the internship, with the length of the internship to be negotiated with the supervising staff member.
The SSI will work with the student to secure credit for the internship.
Terms and Conditions:
Applications are open to students and non-students, but preference will be given to students. In order to be considered a student, the applicant must be enrolled in at least 6 credits at OSU during the internship, during the term prior to the internship, or during the term following the internship. Interns, like all staff, are expected to affirm and uphold University policies that help create and mainatin a welcoming and equal opportunity campus. OSU and the SSI do not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Submit a cover letter and resume to the Events Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information about the SSI, please visit http://oregonstate.edu/sustainability/ssi. Together, applicants and SSI staff will negotiate an appropriate length for the internship. Recommended lengths include: (a) 10 weeks, (b) 21-24 weeks, and (c) 35 weeks.